Version 1.0, last changed .
EXR is an application that makes indoor training on ergometers fun. To do this, we create an interactive environment that will allow you to complete training schedules, play minigames, and interact with other players. This means that EXR is a social experience, and other players will see some of your profile data, as well as the results of your races and other competitive events. To make this all possible we collect and share some of your personal data. We are committed to your privacy. This statement informs you of the types of personal data we collect when you visit our websites and how we process them. With this privacy statement we also fulfil our duty to inform you pursuant to Art. 13 GDPR.
This implies that:
- we process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided, these goals and type of personal data are described in this Privacy Statement;
- the processing of your personal data is limited to only those data that are minimally required for the purposes for which they are processed;
- we ask for your explicit consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data;
- we have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- we do not share personal data with other parties, unless this is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were provided;
- we are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, we want to respect them and inform you about them.
As Salty Lemon we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If after reviewing our Privacy Statement you have questions about the processing of your personal data or the exercise of your rights, you can contact us via the information below:Salty Lemon Entertainment BV
Dumolinlaan 1 bus 13
What is the scope of this privacy statement
This privacy statement applies to the personal data that we process as data controller. It applies to the processing of personal data of our customers, consumers, suppliers, personnel, business partners … in relation to our products and services, as well as to the necessary personal data of third parties that we have to process for the implementation of an agreement. This privacy statement applies when you visit our office or our website, when you subscribe to our newsletter, have an appointment with our representatives, or in any other way when using our products and services. We also try to process and secure the personal data of our prospects as carefully as possible, in accordance with our privacy statement.
Which data do we collect and how?
It is not obligatory to communicate your personal data, but to provide you with the best social experience we need you to create an account that contains your personal information. This way you can identify yourself to other players and claim your personal records in your own name.
This account data includes private data that we will never share like your email address, password, credit card data, and exact date of birth. It also includes data that we will show to other players, like your username, first name and last name, gender, height and weight, age, country, etc.
This data is provided by you when creating and filling in your account. We also collect data that comes from you using the application. This includes private data like your training reports and schedules that we will not share with other players. You are of course free to share this with whomever you want.
Public data that we will share consists of for example total meters rowed, calories burned, your attained level or achievements, your personal records on minigames, sprints or races etc. We also collect anonymous data for analytical purposes on both our website and EXR application. This data is not used to identify players, but to analyse and improve our services.
It is not our intention to process personal data of minors (persons under the age of 16)
What do we do with that collected data?
We use the collected data to provide you with the best social athletic entertainment experience possible. To do this, we give you an online identity with the data you provide us, so you can identify yourself and other players. This gives our players a sense of pride and achievement when they see their own name on the scoreboard. You can also use this data to compare yourself with other rowers by looking at their age, weight and length and compare their stats with yours. The anonymous data we collect is used for analytic purposes to keep improving our services.
Lastly, your private data will always remain private and is not shared in any way, shape or form.
We process your personal data for various purposes, but in every situation we only process the data that is minimally necessary to achieve the relevant goal. For example, the processing of your personal data is necessary:
- for the preparation, execution or termination of our agreement or cooperation;
- to comply with the legal or regulatory provisions to which we are subject;
- for defending our legitimate interests, in which case we always aim for a balance between our interest and your privacy.
- If the processing of your personal data is not necessary for one of these three reasons, we will always request your permission to process your data.
Do we share data with third parties?
We are in the entertainment business, not the data selling business. Therefore, we will never sell your data to any third parties.
We do use third party solutions to support our services, like Google Analytics for analytics, or Stripe for payments.
How long do we store your data?
We store and process the personal data for a period that is necessary in function of the purposes of the processing and in function of the (whether or not contractual) relationship that we have with you. Customer data and data from suppliers or subcontractors will in any case be removed from our systems after a period of ten years after the termination of the agreement or the project, except for personal data that we have to keep for a longer period of time on the basis of specific legislation or in case of an ongoing dispute for which we still need the personal data.
How do we protect your data?
We take the necessary technical and organizational measures to process your personal data with an adequate level of security and to protect it against destruction, loss, forgery, modification, unauthorized access or notification by mistake to third parties, as well as any other unauthorized processing of this data. In no case can Salty Lemon Entertainment be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from incorrect or unlawful use of the personal data by a third party.
In accordance with and under the terms of the Belgian privacy legislation and the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation, we inform you that you have the following rights:
a. Right to be informed and access: you have the right to know at any time whether or not we process your personal data, and if we process them, to view these data and to receive additional information about:
- the processing purposes;
- the concerned categories of personal data;
- recipients or categories of recipients (in particular recipients in third countries);
- if possible, the retention period, or if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this period;
- the existence of your privacy rights;
- the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority;
- the information we possess about the source of the data in case we obtain personal data via a third party;
- the existence of automated decision-making.
b. Right of rectification: you have the right to have incomplete, incorrect, inappropriate or outdated personal data corrected. In order to keep your data up-to-date, we request you to report any change, such as a move or the change of your e-mail address.
c. Right to erasure: you have the right to have your personal data deleted in the following cases and without unreasonable delay:
- your personal data is no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed by Salty Lemon Entertainment;
- you withdraw your prior consent to the processing and there is no other legal basis that Salty Lemon Entertainment can rely on for (further) processing;
- you object to the processing of your personal data and there are no more serious, justified grounds for the (further) processing by Salty Lemon Entertainment;
- your personal data is processed unlawfully;
- your personal data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- your personal data was collected when you were still a minor.
Please note that we cannot always delete all requested personal data, eg when the processing is necessary for the notification, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim. We will inform you of this via an answer to your request.
d. Right to data portability: this gives you the right to ‘recover’ your personal data. This is only possible for personal data that you have provided to Salty Lemon Entertainment yourself, based on your permission or after an agreement. In all other cases you cannot exercise this right (eg when the processing takes place on the basis of a legal obligation). For example, there are two aspects to this right:
- you can request Salty Lemon Entertainment to recover your personal data in a structured, common and machine-readable form; and
- you can request Salty Lemon Entertainment to pass the personal data directly to another controller. You are responsible for the correctness and security of the (e-mail) address you provide for the transfer. If the transfer proves technically impossible, Salty Lemon Entertainment has the right to refuse this.
e. Right to object the processing of your data: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. Please note, however, that you cannot oppose the processing of personal data that is necessary for us to perform a legal obligation, the execution of the agreement or when it is in our legitimate interest, and this for as long as this information is necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
f. Right to withdraw consent: if the processing of the personal data is based on the prior consent, you have the right to withdraw this permission. Your personal data will then only be processed if we have a different legal basis for this.
g. Automated individual decision-making, including profiling: we confirm that the processing of personal data does not include profiling and that you are not subject to fully automated decisions.
If you have a remark or complaint about the processing of your personal data or the exercise of your rights, we ask you to contact us directly. In addition, you always have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (formerly Privacy Commission), which is the supervisory authority in the area of privacy protection.Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit
Phone: +32 (0)2 274 48 00